• VISIONS cookware is extremely versatile. It can be taken straight from the freezer to the oven, microwave, gas or electric stovetop and then to dishwasher or sink – no matter how hot or cold the dish is.
• VISIONS cookware is easy to clean and does not stain or retain odours as will metal and plastic cookware.
• Stovetop use
~ VISIONS cookware retains heat so well, you can use a lower heat setting than normal and save on energy. This also helps prevent sticking or burning of food.
For best results, prepare food which are stirred or have liquid as a cooking medium.
VISIONS cookware can be used on gas, electric and ceramic stovetops.
• Oven and griller use
~ VISIONS cookware is ideal for all oven types – conventional, convection and toaster ovens.
PYREX glass cover must not be placed under the griller or in a toaster oven.
• Microwave use
~ VISIONS cookware is perfect for the microwave.
Use pot holders as dish may become hot during cooking.
• Refrigerator and freezer use
~ VISIONS cookware can go from the refrigerator or freezer directly to the stovetop, oven or microwave.
Mark on VISIONS base:
The mark sometimes seen on the base of the ware is from the manufacturing process. When the gob of hot glass is cut, the scissors leave a mark or a ‘line’ in the glass. As the glass cools rapidly, the mark hardens in the glass. This mark can be seen with the naked eye and sometimes felt with the finger. This is no way detracts from the performance of the ware, nor will it cause breakage.
• Use only wooden, nylon or plastic utensils. Metal utensils can scratch on the VISIONS cookware surface.
• Use only plastic or nylon cleaning pads and non-abrasive cleansers such as CORNINGWARE Cleaner & Conditioner.
• To loosen cooked-on food, soak cookware in warm soapy water. Cool the PYREX cover before soaking.
• Store dishes separately if space permits.
• Do not nest, as direct glass to glass contact can damage the cookware.
• Stack carefully by inverting the lids and stacking smaller pieces on top.
• If stacking is not possible due to limited space, nest the cookware by placing a cloth between each piece.
All glass (e.g. PYREX) and glass-ceramic materials (e.g. VISIONS) are breakable, so please take care in use.
• Do not use VISIONS cookware for deep fat frying.
• Do not use for popping corn, caramelising sugar or making candy.
• Use pot holders when handling hot VISIONS cookware in the microwave oven.
• Do not heat empty VISIONS cookware in the microwave oven.
• Do not use or repair chipped, cracked, or broken VISIONS or PYREX items.
• Place hot VISIONS cookware on a placemat as retained heat could damage bench surfaces.
• Do not use the PYREX cover under a griller or in a toaster oven.
• Do not place a hot PYREX cover on a cold or wet surface, or handle with a wet cloth.